Set Square

Lobster wrote:

I would have thought that at this stage the best option would be to
keep schtum, myself.

David

Well, the OP seemed concerned about the effect that it might have on selling
his house. Unless he can successfully pretend to a potential buyer's
solicitor that "it's always been like that" the solicitor will want proof
that it has been done to regs. I would have throught that it was better to
sort it out sooner rather than later.

Unless it was done by cowboys, it's unlikely *not* to have been done right
(pardon the double negative!). As long as the OP has some record of the
section and length of the RSJ, he should be able to satisfy the BCO that
it's ok without exposing it.
--
Cheers,
Set Square