Waynemak

If you want to keep the points system they must be super clean, but you are
better off spending the $30.00 and getting the solid state unit, you will
never need to deal with it again. You may not even be able to buy the the
older setup
"Roger Shoaf" wrote in message
I have an older Briggs and Stratton 3.5hp engine on a lawn edger. I am
getting no spark. (has points, not elect. ign.)

I have removed the flywheel and I can visually detect no issue with the
points or any obvious shorts.

Any advice on how to test the magneto armature and the capacitor?

I don't mind buying the parts, but I hate to replace a part just to rule
it
out.

--

Roger Shoaf

About the time I had mastered getting the toothpaste back in the tube,
then
they come up with this striped stuff.