Geo wrote:

OK - from the Pound Shop in Falkirk, Blackspur Tools 3Pc 400mm

Masonry Drill Set
- tips reduced to rounded lumps in 30 seconds...
Geo

Got an angle grinder? Cut slots in them and dip in water to harden,
drill another half inch, cut em again and dip in water, etc etc etc.

Crude, but sometimes it can be quicker than going to the shops.

I was going to say it might just be theyre being overheated and need
more rest, but probably not: my experience of blackspur work bits is no
hardening at all, and quite useless. In which case grinding and dipping
might make them last better.

NT