Sam Goldwasser

"James Sweet" writes:

"PaPaPeng" wrote in message
Bought at a garage sale a TORO Rake and Vac model 51549 leaf blower.
Worked twice then quit for good. Opened it up. The motor and switch
are good. Between the switch "live" wire (+) and the motor is a
black block of plastic with the live wire going in and a blue wire
exiting to continue to to motor brush terminal. This part is open.

What is the function of this part and can I get a replacement,
preferably generic from an electronics store? If not is there any
downside to my just bypassing this part and connect the switch
directly to the motor?

Is the motor universal wound or permanent magnet? If it's the latter, that
block is probably a diode.

If it is a diode, then make sure you tested it in both directions!

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror: http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/

traffic on Repairfaq.org.