Duane Bozarth

CW wrote:

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
m...
In article t, "World

Traveler" wrote:
There are FAA certified aviation
production facilities in China, and FAA certified repair stations which

draw
customers from airlines around the world because of the competency of

their
work.

I frankly don't believe that, and won't, unless you furnish proof.

You're right not to believe it. I build commercial aircraft here and know
where this stuff comes from.

Well, I wouldn't be at all surprised if there aren't at least some
subassemblies/parts being produced in PRC. While I don't know the
current status, there was a big hub-bub made in Wichita over one of the
agreements Boeing made w/ China on one of the major sales a couple of
years ago that included transferral of some portion of the manufacturing
to China. Where that agreement stands today I'm not certain, but if it
isn't occurring yet, I expect it will before long...

The demise of Boeing from the apex to the current status as becoming
simply an assembler of outside-produced parts is certainly a
poster-child of the overall situation.