mac davis

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 20:34:24 -0700, neill wrote:

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 6:27:16 -0700, billh wrote
(in message ) :

Not really much of a problem at all. I use a go-nogo gauge and if you do get
it wrong just cut the tenon down to fit the smaller jaw. A set of #4 jaws
is about $65Cdn or ~$50.US not $270 and if you don't like them don't buy
them.

in fact i don't like them and i am not going to buy them. as i said earlier
why would i for only 1/2" larger capacity than my #3 jaws? shame too because
there have been times when i wanted a larger tenon. the $207 i mentioned is
about what i would have to spend for a stronghold chuck-body only, insert,
and jaws. doesn't everyone have a dedicated chuck for each jaw set? changing
chuck jaws is so tortuous. i know im supposed to suffer for my art but lets
not be ridiculous.

Personally, I like to keep the jaws operating near their minimum size
so there is less metal flying around the bottom of the workpiece.
Billh

to each his own. im not at all squeamish about opening the jaws up as far as
they will go if that is what i feel that particular size workpiece calls for.

I use the Oneway Talon, and have the jaws that it came with (#2?) and the spigot
jaws..
I don't change jaws often, but when I do, it only takes a few minutes with a
drill driver and hex bit..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing