Edwin Pawlowski

wrote in message
oups.com...
Any suggestions on how to go about installing a hardwood floor over a
concrete slab?

I'd rather go wall-to-wall carpet for obvious insulation benefits but
never mind that.

Would laminate be the way to go? If so, any kind of under-material
required or recommended?

Real wood is not recommended over a slab on or below grade. It can be done
by putting down sleepers and insulation and a vapor barrier but then the
floor is raised about 2" or more.

Engineered hardwood or laminate can be used with the proper barrier. I used
Mannington engineered wood with very good results. www.mannington.com
There are many good brands and selections. I'd go to a real flooring store
rather than the big box stores if you want a good quality.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/