Larry Jaques

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 17:48:07 -0500, the inscrutable Patriarch
spake:

Patrick Conroy wrote in
:

Any tips for darkening Hard Maple to an almost "Dard Fumed Oak" color
with analine dyes?

Thanks for the tips all!
I appreciate the disdainful comments too.

Jewelcome.

I had no idea that (dis)coloring maple was akin to staining cherry. I
had it more to the right of "painting poplar".

Even Larry doesn't believe everything he writes.

I don't? Gee, I wasn't aware of that. Thanks for the tip.

And he's not your customer, when the day is over.

That's true enough.

But pale blonde shellac on maple can be really beautiful. Maybe a sample
piece, possibly a jewelry box, for her?

There ya go.

--== May The Angst Be With You! ==--
-Yoda, on a bad day