Old Nick

In article .com,
says...

I do not own a lathe, but have learnt on them in the past

Not being rude. Your questions indicate complete ignorance of the lathe.

I would be _certain_ to have a look at the lathe, in the company of
somebody who knew lathes. It's a cheap price for a lathe. It may be junk
(either crappy make or very old), and a beginner on a junk lathe will be
very sorry IMO. You will have no way to try it, or know what you are
doing.

I found a 36 inch used metal lathe for sale for 350. What would this be
good for? I like working with metal. I have a couple of welders and am
wanting to increase my tools in my garage!