AlexW wrote:
wrote:

How does a blade make a curved cut on a bad saw? Maybe the blade is
ground wrong and creates sideways forces that bend it as it cuts? I
dont know, but the kinzo didnt suffer that problem.

I have had this problem on a number of saws, my thoughts although not

exhaustively tested are...

1) Workpeice not up against fence, or dodgy fence. Either can result

in
a slight twist in the timber as the blade enters and/or exits.

Clamping
helps.

2) Dogdy cheap blades, even if ground OK they can flex under

pressure.

all circular blades flex under pressure. The user needs to not put
enough pressure on them to cause them to misalign - it might possibly
be that the problems we're seeing are due to users not appreciating
this.

3) Excessive movement in the spindle/collar/arbor (whatever its

called)
which allows the blade to move laterally a bit.

Thats something I'd check before buying a cheapie saw, wasnt a prob
with the kinzo, no free movement.

4). Its not curved ... but the saw has not been set up properly with

square etc in both planes.

yup... that would be one terrible saw though. =A327 Kinzos arent like
that, Ive not played with BnQ stuff.

NT