Kaiser

"Tony Eva" wrote in message ...
Kaiser wrote:
[snip]

He just wants something basic but accurate mainly for cutting skirting
boards and other odd jobs. If he was to buy a sliding mitre saw of that
quality he would be looking at £400 to £500.

I think the OP needs to clarify what he means by "decent" and "budget".
IMHO "budget" is £150. Many would say that that automatically excludes
anything "decent" but opinions differ.

I would tend to agree with you, that's why I pointed him in the direction of
the £159 Makita. He was looking at 300mm Axminster non sliding saw, which
IMO would be rather heavy and bulky for general DIY work and a 300mm saw in
that price range(£99) has to be a bit suspect.

With the 255mm Makita at least you can be sure that it's of decent quality
and there is not that much difference in the cutting capacity, even though
as someone pointed out it's not a sliding model, but then neither is the
300mm Axminster.