Doug Miller

In article , wrote:
On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 22:32:17 GMT, the inscrutable "World Traveler"
spake:

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
om...
[snip]

Wake up. A lot of the stuff coming out of China is produced by prison
labor.

[snip]

That statement won't stand up to inspection. Prisoners do work in China, --
just as they do in the U.S.!! -- but

Poor Doug probably thinks Global Warming is real, the War on Drugs is
doing some good, DDT and silicone implants were killers, low-fat diets
were safe, bullets should be serialized for ID, cholesterol from eggs
will kill you, O.J. and Jackson are innocent, the war in Iraq is
necessary, and, um, that the DHS is making America SAFE! sigh

No, no, no, yes, no, maybe, no, too early to tell, and probably not.

But my chief point is that the concern about products made by prison labor
is waaay overplayed -- if you were serious why wouldn't you worry about U.S.
license plates and street signs?? Regards --

I've seen more stories (and video) on happy Chinese workers than I
have on prison labor tactics.

And in the mid-1800s there were a lot of stories about the happy slaves on
Southern plantations, too. Do you believe everything you see?

--
Regards,