Roger

Doug Miller wrote:
In article , troep wrote:

After six years the posts on our front porch need to go. Several are
rotting and the rest are coming apart where the sundry tiny scraps of
wood were finger jointed together to create something that mimicked a
board.

Are you talking about short posts to hold up a railing, or long posts that
hold up the roof? If the latter... Home Depot sells them already made, in
several different sizes. Nominal 5" square x 8' long is $69. Hardly worth
making your own, at that price. I'm guessing that they probably sell
the shorter posts, too, but I haven't seen them.

--
Regards,

The long posts that hold up the roof. I suspect the ones that are
rotting and delaminating are exactly the ones from the HD. (they look
the same at any rate). I expect to live here long enough that at the
rate they're failing I'll have to replace them another couple of times
before I'm done, and that's just pure irritation.

Roger