Dan Bollinger

I am new to turning and i REALLY enjoy it.
I am noticing the scrapers that use interchangeable tips. I was wondering
if the chisels that come with the craftsman molding cutter (3 identical
blades) could be used as scrapers.
I have a molding set with quite a few sets of chisels that I will never

use
for the intended purpose.+

Has anyone tried this?

Rich, I have and they work just fine. I made a tool handle from 3/8" x 1"
steel bar. I attached split wood handles, much in the same manner as you
would on a knife. A screw of the proper size secures the Craftsman cutter.
I milled a shallow pocket to keep it in place. I've even made new shapes
from tool steel that I use on this tool and on the molding cutter. Dan