jim rozen

In article , Lloyd E. Sponenburgh
says...

Oatey makes a teflon-filled dope in a squeeze tube that's not so messy as a
can and swab.

The stuff is the tits for hydraulic work, and any air work with
flow-limiting valves that might get gummed up with a loose hair of teflon
tape.

I've known this as "SWAK" which I think is a swagelock trade
name.

This having been said, I use teflon tape nearly exclusively,
never had any leaks. The key to not getting any sealant in the
flow is to keep the tape off of the first thread in the fitting.

Jim

please reply to: