Phil Addison wrote:
sorry, bit cryptic comments, out of time.
On 28 Apr 2005 13:24:07 -0700, in uk.d-i-y wrote:

newly incorporated material snipped

Oils

and lubricants?

What about silicone grease as used for assembling rubbery things, and
compression polypipe fittings

Spray on silicone for lubricating curtain runners (and other plastic
moving parts)

3-in-1 oil - more of a penetrating oil

do those have cleaning uses?

Under dishwasher detergent - add that it corrodes some steel cutlery,

Are you thinking of old copper steel cutlery?

Chlorine bleach:

containers. If so prob worth restating it here (as well as under
limescale).

It is under the chlorine bleach entry, so maybe I'm misunderstanding
you.

Spray and wipe cleaners:

Produce noxious fumes. Contain ammonia.

Really? never noticed that.

they add perfumes to try to disguise it as much as poss.

The liquid runoff is toxic if eaten.

drunk surely. Ingested better.

I cant think of a scenario where someone is liable to drink it, but it
is relatively easy for it to get into food.

- saliva: still the best cleaner for fine art oil paintings, but

not
available in litre bottles

No its not. It might work, at your risk, but certainly not the best.

Its what a fine art restoration expert said, so maybe we need some good