RayDavis wrote:

Can anyone please tell me where I can get a decent budget compound

mitre saw
from? Not bothered about laser guidance or other fancy bits, I just

want
something basic and robust.

I just need it for some skirting and other odd jobs.

I bought one from B&Q for ~$30, but it can't cut straight (how one of

these
manages to cut a curve across every mitred joint I don't know!).

Thanks

I'll put the cat among the pigeons and say the =A327 kinzo does that,
straight cuts no problem etc.

I hope you took the Bnq one back if it wasnt capable of doing what it
was bought for. Seems like we get just complaints on this group about
BnQ power tools.

What I found helps with a cheapie like the kinzo is to put the blade
down twice. First time cuts, second time shaves off any remainsing
sliver to get a dead flat smooth cut.

How does a blade make a curved cut on a bad saw? Maybe the blade is
ground wrong and creates sideways forces that bend it as it cuts? I
dont know, but the kinzo didnt suffer that problem.

I'm not recommending it as a good saw, but if all you need is straight
clean cuts for skirting etc, it does that easily enough.

NT