John Williams wrote:
On 28 Apr 2005 21:35:53 -0700, wrote:
First, thanks for replying.

I don't know anything about TV repair. Where is the vertical
deflection circuit board? The flyback... is that the 3-4" tall black
part that sits on the mainboard between the AV outs and what looks
like silver heat sinks? It also has a think red wire going from it

the top of the back of the TV.

I can see no signs of cracking. Would this be visible or would I

need
to measure resistances all over?

From what you are saying, I really think you ough to get this set to a

tech, as you could mess things up more if you lack the experience and
knowledge to tackle this. At the very least you need to be able to
solder precisely, and locate the suspect areas. I feel it will work out
cheaper in the long run to get this set looked at by a pro, especially
since it could just mean a bit of soldering. If you leave it, more
expenisve components will be stressed.

good luck. Ben