lance

Default Apron for MDF workbench top?

I'm in the process of finishing the base of my first workbench. I have
decided to go with a laminated MDF top, with masonite on top of that.
I am trying to figure out how to attach an apron to the top and can't
come up with any good way. Since this type of top seems to be somewhat
popular, I would like to see how others have done this. How is the
apron physically attached to the MDF? How did you do the corners of
the apron? I was thinking to miter them and glue in 2 dowel pins, but
I'm not sure if that is a good method. One other question is how did
you go about mounting the MDF top to the base of your workbench?
Thanks so much.