Proctologically Violated©®

Default Desoldering *usable* plumbing fittings

Awl--

For 1/2" to 1 1/4" copper pipe fittings.

Possible to desolder *and* be able to re-use them??
Worth the trouble for the various fittings, T's, unions, etc? 1 1/4 unions
are expensive!

Any special techniques beyond heating/wiping, heating/wiping? Wipe w/
cloth, steel wool? With, w/o flux?
I think I've done, mebbe once, and it was a pita!

Btw, I found, at Home Despot, something called Tinning Flux, which lightly
tins the surfaces `*before* you actually add solder.
I think this is pretty neat. Any opinions? I would imagine it cleans as
well as non-tinning flux, but I haven't compared.

Thanks!
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll