wig wig is offline
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_m
I had problems with my shed in our side passage "wondering up and down" in
strong winds, though not blown over, despite it being full of cr*p. Anyway I
placed two long 4x4 fence posts in the ground about 2-3ft deep, set in
morter and bolted the shed to the posts. Shed hasn't moved since. Mind you
everything else still blows up and down the side passage. One day couldn't
get in via the gate as all the garden furniture and kids toys had been blown
down the passage and piled up behind the gate.
Previous post (quoted) has a good idea. Get four 3m 4" square posts or round ones. mark positions on the ground, move shed out of the way, hammer them in 3 - 4 feet, slide shed back into position your shed will now be anchored by the posts. wire or transit van seat belts slung over the roof and nailed to the posts for extra security.

Failing that idea, get some iron rods 3m long, bend them into a "n" shape and hammer them into the ground going through the floor of the shed so each rod passes either side of a floor joist. Would probably be better to hammer them in at an angle the best angle would be so the ends in the ground are closer to the centre line of the shed, and the tops are closer to the shed walls, however, it would be impossible to do this satisfactorily without removing the walls first. but I would have a go at a lesser angle.