James Hart

Default Joining CT100 satellite cable

Lurch wrote:
On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 20:43:41 GMT, in uk.d-i-y Ian Stirling
strung together this:

It's the cable directly from the dish.
This can't go through a distribuition amp, without being decoded by
the box first, as the signals from the satellite are not normal TV
ones.

Try reading up on the product I mentioned in the post. I won't point
out the several incorrect comments in your post just yet, nah **** it,
I will.
I know it's the cable directly from the dish, no need to point that
out again.
The satellite signal can go through a distribution amp, just not a
normal uhf\vhf amp.
It's a signal in a frequency range, it can be amplified by a suitably
matched amp. It doesn't need decoding before being amplified.
I know satellite signals are different from normal tv ones,
If I got it wrong how do you suppose it all worked when it was
installed and tested? Bearing in mind I have fitted these units, you
obviously haven't.

I've got a question on the Loftbox Lurch, I've one installed and working
fine with 'normal' TV and Sky at my sister's and another sat here on the
floor next to me waiting to be fitted here. Just what the heck are Gold Mine
points and what can I do with 10 of them???

--
James...
www.jameshart.co.uk