Dave Liquorice

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 07:47:31 +0100, Alistair Riddell wrote:

Pieces of angle iron, about 1/2 to 1 m long, banged into the ground
like tent pegs. Then, either fence wire or wire rope over the top.

No access along one side so the pull would be vertical, I suspect
enough to pull a simple "tent peg" out. Once it started to move it
wouldn't take long to be pulled even further out. Being out trying to
work in an F7 or above is not my idea of fun even without rain. Hence
the query about how good, or not, spiral or disc type ground anchors
are.

My current idea is for a ground anchor at each corner connected
directly to both frame corner pieces with an eye bolt and turnbuckle.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail