PaPaPeng

Default TORO leafblower repair?

Bought at a garage sale a TORO Rake and Vac model 51549 leaf blower.
Worked twice then quit for good. Opened it up. The motor and switch
are good. Between the switch "live" wire (+) and the motor is a
black block of plastic with the live wire going in and a blue wire
exiting to continue to to motor brush terminal. This part is open.

What is the function of this part and can I get a replacement,
preferably generic from an electronics store? If not is there any
downside to my just bypassing this part and connect the switch
directly to the motor?