John Williams

Default Sony KV-27V26 - Lost video. Dusted and it works. Outlook?

Sony KV-27V26, built in Oct '97. The video suddenly went out.

I would turn it on and it would be fine for 10-60 seconds, then the
picture would compress into a 1' horizontal picture for 5-10 seconds
and then it would go blank until the next time I'd turn it on. If I'd
turn it off & right back on, it'd just go right to a blank screen.
Audio is always okay.

I don't do TV repair, but did read up on it & Sony's common blanking
problem (esp for time when mine was built.)

I opened it up to try to adjust the voltage & see if I can "buy some
time." Very dusty. I blew it out with a can of compressed air.
Turned the TV on and it workedfine! It's been on for about an hour
and is okay. Never had to touch the voltage adjuster.

Anyone have any idea how long I can expect this TV to work? Was the
excessive dust allowing it to short somewhere? Any possible damage
caused or things that might give me trouble in the future?

Thanks!