Lew Hodgett

Too_Many_Tools wrote:
I would agree with you on the point that Lowes is quickly going down
hill.

snip

I recently went into a Lowes for the first time.

The following are my obversations of that experience.

1) They were located in a shopping center which makes them a total PITA
to get in the front door when compared to stand alone stores like Home
Depot.

2) Needed to buy a roll of clear contact paper.

They didn't have a clue what I was looking for and the balance of their
shelf paper inventory was what can only be described as very modest.

3) Needed to buy a 1-1/2" plastic conduit sweep ell.

Their inventory was almost non existant. No 1-1/2 devices in stock.

I won't be going back any time soon.

As far as the merchandise available at either Home Depot or Lowes, they
are both playing the 80-20 game.

After all the current Home Depot CEO is a former GE bean counter so what
do you expect?

For those not familar with it, the 80-20 game is an accounting exercise
to maximize profits.

80% of your sales come from 20% of your customers.

80% of your profits come from 20% of your sales.

80% of your complaints come from 20% of your customers.

You can keep going, but you get the idea.

There is absolutely no place for high end products in the inventory of a
business that plays the 80-20 game, thus the people on this list who
want to buy quality tools won't find them at Lowes, Home Depot, etc.

HTH

Lew