Kaiser

"Mike" wrote in message

"Kaiser" wrote in message

It's probably as good as anything in that price range, but if you are
looking for real accuracy you will looking around the £300 price range
for

300mm saw. Also they are very bulky and not easily portable, and not
worth
the extra cost unless you specifically need that little extra capacity..

Personally I would spend another £60 and go for 255mm Makita like the one
below.

http://www.axminster.co.uk/product.a...22578&recno=15

As this isn't a sliding saw I think you will find too many things it won't
cut.

He just wants something basic but accurate mainly for cutting skirting
boards and other odd jobs. If he was to buy a sliding mitre saw of that
quality he would be looking at £400 to £500.