Dave Platt

In article ,
John Woodgate wrote:

GB probably remembers his childhood aversion. To me, it taste quite
different now, 60 years later. And the costly 'purple sprouting' version
is even (much) better, whereas I couldn't stand it at 8 years of age.

Mind you, I steam it for 8 minutes or microwave with water for 2 - 3
minutes, whereas my mother used to boil it for 15 minutes, and that
makes quite a lot of difference.

Bingo! I learned to hate most vegetables, early on, due to the way
they were cooked... boiled until limp and tasteless, reduced to a
nondescript shade of greenish-brown.

I still hate 'em when they're prepared in that fashion. Don't even
get me started on one of the greatest culinary crimes ever invented:
canned green peas.

On the other hand, the very same vegetables, prepared as John
suggests, or briefly stir-fried with a drop of good oil and a smidge
of garlic, are one of nature's perfect foods... yummy!

Some of us learn the benefits of new approaches as we grow older. It
sounds as if GHB didn't. His loss.

--
Dave Platt AE6EO