Lawrence L'Hote

Default My New Shaving Horse

A friend brought by an old, dusty, maple chair that had seen better days. It
was missing a back spindle, the seat was split into three pieces and a
bottom rung stringer had lost its tenon end. I don't usually work on other
people's old chairs but I made an exception for just this one. Making
spindles is new for me but I have found the process interesting and
therapeutic(so far). This shaving horse is made from some old pressure
treated deck scrap lumber and a few other parts and some store bought. I
practiced a little on a piece of dowel and I think I can get the hang of it.
My new horse reminds me of an old girl friend, Phyllis, she was plain but
she could rock and roll.
http://home.mchsi.com/~lhote5/shaving-horsebig.jpg

Larry
--