Simon Stroud

Default Recessed Lights - Back Covers - Is there such a thing?

"Colin Wilson" wrote in message
t...
I recently fitted some Iguzzini recessed downlighters in my first floor
bathroom.
Having had problems with wasps in the loft above, I wondered whether

there
were any proprietary covers for the above-ceiling portion of the light.

You can get some sort of fire-proof cone that goes behind them - they`ve
been mentioned several times recently if you do a quick google, these
might do what you want as well as improving the safety :-}

Call me a bodger if you like, but I've used some very cheap end-of-line at
B&Q earthenware flower pots (suitably drilled for ventilation) for this.
They're fixed to the plasterboard with a bit of "No Nails" and the loft
boarding has carefully measured circular cutouts to give a small cleaance
round them. They only stick up a bit - a little wooden frame round about is
screwed to the boards to keep stuff being stored there a safe distance away.
Does the job and FAR cheaper than those special ones that have been
mentioned a few times.

Simon.