Owen Lowe

In article ,
"Rick Cox" wrote:

I am new to turning and i REALLY enjoy it.
I am noticing the scrapers that use interchangeable tips. I was wondering
if the chisels that come with the craftsman molding cutter (3 identical
blades) could be used as scrapers.
I have a molding set with quite a few sets of chisels that I will never use
for the intended purpose.+

Has anyone tried this?

I have not, but don't see any reason it wouldn't work just fine... as
long as you have a pretty beefy bar to which the cutters are attached,
since the cutters are not that thick (3/16"?). I just may have to give
them a try myself - an added plus is that the non-profiled blanks are
pretty inexpensive and you could profile them to your needs - as in
spear point, square, round left, round right.