David Wade

I'm not sure how you are approaching it. On profile tools you generally
hone/grind/whatever as appropriate on the top face of the tool and never
touch the curved profile itself. This way you get the same profile for
the life of the tool. If just the points are dull you may get by with
putting a slight down angle on the top surface, but I wouldn't go much
beyond a degree or two.

Depending on how much you need to sharpen, a diamond stone or coarser
oilstone may be a better choice than 1000 grit. Just remember to take
off the flat stuff on top and don't touch the inside of the curve.

Good luck,
David

Robert Kline wrote:
I've been using a 1000 grit slip stone with poor results. Maybe it's my
technique. What's the best way to sharpen the beading tool?
Thanks