Grant Erwin

It is possible that the bad grinds could have come from user error and
not manufacturing tolerances. You are being a bit sensitive when you say
that what I wrote was nonsensical. More accurately, it is logical, but you
assert is is unlikely. OK. It's just another point of view. Have I looked
closely at the Drill Doctor? No. I have a better drill grinder.

GWE

Dave Hinz wrote:

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 12:48:06 -0700, Grant Erwin wrote:

If one guy gets really good grinds from a DD and another guy gets unusable
grinds, it does NOT mean that one of those guys is a bozo.

Well, they could be using it wrong. If you don't get the depth of
the bit as compared to the camming surface correct, all bets are off.
That'd be my guess as to where the most likely error would be made.

It could equally
well (and more likely does) mean that the DDs are not manufactured to close
tolerances and one machine is bad and the other isn't.

If you were familiar with the mechanism, you'd understand why that
statement is nonsensical.

There has to be a
reason that Darex dropped the DD. I suspect it has manufacturing problems.

Yes to the former, I doubt it to the latter. An injection mold isn't
going to change randomly from unit to unit, so user error is much more
likely than manufacturing problems. A distributor chosing not to sell
a particular product can happen for any number of non-quality-related
reasons.

(shrug?) Mine works great, for what it is. I just don't like seeing
one person's bad experience be expanded out to badmouthing an entire
product line.