Karl Townsend

"Grant Erwin" wrote in message
Speaking of drill sharpening, I recently got a Darex M5. I'd been getting
along with an M3 for a long time, and am very used to it. What I got with
the M5 was a web thinning/point splitting attachment which looks slick as
a whistle. Yesterday I was sharpening a 13/16" drill using my No. 4200
large
drill attachment, and I planned to thin the web using the attachment. Uh
oh.
It looks like the attachment won't take the larger chucks. This means it
is limited in scope to drills between 1/8-1/2". Is this correct? I have
emailed Darex but I don't think they do email support of the M series
grinders
any more, at any rate they used to be instantly responsive and they
haven't
emailed me back.

GWE

Grant, this is no help for you. But, I have the M2 grinder; great for my
needs. Do you know the difference between M2 M3 M5 etc.? I used a darex M?
at trade school, it was just like mine except it had collets to hold the
drill bits, mine has two four jaw chucks; one for less than 1/2in. and one
for 1/2 to 3/4in. I didn't know of an M series that did over 3/4.

I've always done split points by hand. If this attachment is available for
mine, I'd love to get or make one. Maybe copy yours?

Just wondering,
Karl