Don Foreman

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 08:26:19 -0700, Grant Erwin
wrote:

Modat22 wrote:

I basically know enough to stick two pieces of metal together with a
mig or brazing. I'd like to learn good welding but don't have the time
to go to a school and was wanting a good book.

Any recommendations?

I don't think you can learn to weld from a book. - GWE

I learned with books and practice. I wouldn't call myself a
journeyman welder, but I get sound welds with good appearance. I
know they're sound from having to "unweld" a few misplaced joints
with a grinder. Unwelding is a lot slower than welding!

It's really a matter of practice.

However, I expect it took me a good deal longer to gain proficiency
than it might have if I'd had some good instruction and coaching.