Harry Everhart

Default Help with whirlpool tub

Our house has a hot tub and a whirlpool tub - don't ask me why. It seems
the former tenant had arthritis and needed the help. Anyway the
whirlpool tub was working fine. We had not used it in a month or so.
Today - we filled it up - and the electric motor hummed like it wanted
to start and then it shut off. Every couple of minutes it would hum
again and then shut off. At no time did the pump work. I opened up the
side panel and reached in to touch the electric pump motor. It was very
hot.

I am guessing the pump is stuck and the motor is trying to turn it but
can't. Once everything is cold under there - I will reach in and try to
find something to turn - maybe freeing up the pump. Any other ideas -
the electric gets to the pump because you hear the hump - but nothing
turns. The tub is also filled with water.

I can't believe how tight everything is under there - not much room for
seeing or working.

Has anybody else had this problem?

Harry