BobN

Right, Dave. Since the original post the pump continues to hold prime with
no problem. But the pump can't build more than 20 lbs pressure. I think
the impeller is probably shot. I'll be installing a new pump after work
today.

"David Martel" wrote in message
hlink.net...
Bobn,

Check valves either work or they don't. Your slowly worsening symptoms
sound like a leak that is slowly getting bigger. It doesn't sound like a

bad
pump since you are losing prime. If you don't see an obvious wet spot
between the well head and the house then a good bet is that the leak is in
the well. Replace all metal parts, unions, and pipes in the well and see

if
that fixes it, If you still lose prime then you need to find the leak
between the well head and the house

Dave M.