John Larkin

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 16:24:17 +0100, John Woodgate
wrote:

I read in sci.electronics.design that John Larkin
wrote (in
) about 'Copyright on HP
service manuals', on Thu, 28 Apr 2005:

"I am the President of the United States of America, and I will not eat
broccoli."

Unlike Emperor Franz Ferdinand, 'I am the Emperor and I want
DUMPLINGS!'.

GB probably remembers his childhood aversion. To me, it taste quite
different now, 60 years later. And the costly 'purple sprouting' version
is even (much) better, whereas I couldn't stand it at 8 years of age.

Mind you, I steam it for 8 minutes or microwave with water for 2 - 3
minutes, whereas my mother used to boil it for 15 minutes, and that
makes quite a lot of difference.

Sometimes we get (at restaurants) the Italian broccolinni stuff or
whatever; it's small, bitter, and awful.

I thing there's been a lot of selective breeding going on lately [1].
The last batch we had at home was *sweet*.

John

[1] riffs are obvious. Go for it.