James Sweet

Did they just get a bad batch of 4n35's or what? I've fixed a pile of
Viewsonics with that same exact problem.

That must be the case. It spans several models, too. We,ve had a 17"
PF790 and a 22" P220F with the same problem. Board layouts are almost
identical.
Ziggy

Same here, I've come across it in the 17, 19 and 22" models, first time it
happened it took me ages to track it down because the monitor would work
fine for weeks at a time then blow up when I wasn't looking. Never could
make it happen with the cover off, I finally had to monitor the power supply
and poke around with a hair dryer and freeze spray until I found it.