BillyBob

"Scotty" wrote in message
news
Also, any comments good or bad as to sliding tables in general,
such as why I should avoid them, or why I would love one would
be welcome. Any experience with other makers' tables, such as
Jet and Grizzly?

I have the sliding table on a jet supersaw. Would I buy it again? Well,
I'll probably upgrade to a 3 hp cabinet saw in the next couple of years. If
I can get something similar to what's on my supersaw, I'll buy it. Its
super accurate and there is nothing like the stability of clamping your wood
down to a 75 lb. chunk of cast iron that runs on multiple ball bearing
slides.

I see the mention of cross cut sleds. Yes, they are very good and I use one
occasionally for things like bevel cuts. I make sleds to work in conjunction
with my sliding table. I don't have to take special care to build one
accurately. I make a simple sled with a piece of thin baltic ply and some
kind of fence. The difference is that I clamp the sled fence to fence of my
sliding table. This makes it dead on square and it slides with authority.

My needs don't lead to a huge sliding table like the excalibur, since I
don't do any production cabinet work. I also don't have the space for it.

Bob