Dave Hinz

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 16:17:59 GMT, Tom Gardner wrote:
Major NG sore spot! Drill Doctors are CRAP!!! One of my guys has one and
brought it in and sharpened a bunch of drills that then wouldn't cut.

My personal experience differs from your observations.

Upon
inspection they had a slight negative rake Hmmmm.

Can't imagine how that could happen unless he was using it very
wrong. The camming action of the drill holder is pretty un-screw-
uppable.

If you learn to do them
by hand, you will learn empathy with the bit and become a better
metalworker.

Sure, but saying that Drill Dr. is crap because it's fundamentally
flawed isn't an accurate statement.