Cliff

[
The Operator received a call from a somewhat irate and
very worried Pacific Islander who it seems needed some
urgent marriage guidance. The call went like this:

Telecom: How may we help you?

Customer: I haff a big problem with my phone bill. My wife,
she think I haffing an affair!

Telecom: Okay Sir, and how can we help you with this?

Customer: My bill haff all these calls to Salulah and my
wife think I haffing an affair with this woman, but I
never heard of her before. I need to trace these calls
please.

Telecom: Sir, I'm sorry but the bill won't actually tell
you the name of the person you're calling, just their
number.

Customer: This one does.

Telecom: What phone do you have, Sir?

Customer: A mobile. I tell you this.

Telecom: No, Sir, what make? What do you have in your
hands?

Customer: An erection.

After a moment's silence, the gallant Telecom worker
continued.

Telecom: Um, sir? Could you spell that for me?

Customer: For sure - E..R..I..C..S..S..O..N. Erection.

Another moment's silence from Telecom, and suddenly the
penny dropped.

Telecom: Sir? Can you spell Salulah for me?

Customer: For sure. C..E..L..L..U..L..A...R. Salulah.
The end of the conversation was unfortunately not
reported.
]