Wayne Whitney

On 2005-04-26, JDS wrote:

I am also interested in these tankless heaters... What concerns me is
the minimum flow rate to trigger the heating action...

This is one of the specs the manufacturers publish, I've seen 0.5 gpm,
0.66 gpm, and 0.75 gpm. That's the hot water portion of the demand,
so 1 gpm of warm water might only be 0.6 gpm of hot water, say.

Would a faucet that was not on full blast (ie a trickle for washing
dishes) be enough flow to trigger the heater?

I believe a kitchen faucet is required to be max 2.5 gpm these days.
So you couldn't run a trickle, but could still run it fairly low.
Perhaps someone who has one of these tankless water heaters could
comment?

Cheers, Wayne