Goedjn

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 08:57:40 +0000,
lid (theonyxguy) wrote:

We own a 90 year old, 2.5 stry house that has been converted to a
4-plex. About a week ago there was a strong smell of urine and
seasoning in our kitchen. We thought it was a tenant cooking some
kind of meat (sometimes meat smell like that). But since then, just
the urine smell has been coming and going.

Our unit is on the main floor, in the kitchen I had piping and drain
installed about 1.5 years ago for our washer and dryer. The dryer
doesn't vent outside. There are no washrooms in any of the other
units on that side of the house except for ours.

The smell seems strongest behind the stove which is right next to the
drain for the washing machine. It's also where an old,
non-functioning chimney stack is located.

I was wondering if:

a) could mold smell like that, from not having the dryer vented, even
though we open windows and turn on a fan.

b) moisture could smell like that, from possibly a leak in the roof
running down the chimney

c) could it be the drain from the washing machine, but shouldn't this
smell more like sewage rather than urine. (There was a trap
installed)

Any advice and/or ideas would be appreciated. :?