Joseph Meehan

m Ransley wrote:
My neighbor borrowed my 3 yr old Cub Cadet walk behind 6.5hp with
Kawasaki engine. It caught fire while they were cutting the grass and
has been junked , it is gone to the dump. My neighbor said it
backfired then they left it and it burned. The kid cutting it was 15
and I figure he put gas in it while hot and it splled catching fire.
But a different neighbor heard it backfire . I know a backfire can
cause a flame out the carburator possibly causing a fire. But my
question is this possible for a good mower to catch fire from a
backfire , or is the only logical explanation is he was refilling the
mower while hot and caused the fire. Im just curious and have googled
for 'Lawnmower fires" and find nothing showing a possible defect to
cause a fire.

A backfire may have triggered it, but only if there was gasoline where
it should not have been first.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit