Harry Everhart

lid (GALIER) wrote:
Anybody know why I shouldn't replace my old NG water heater with a
tankless other than the higher cost?

I am in the same market. I am waiting for a gas installer - they seem to
be independent folks :-)
I have chosen a Rennai Tankless - expensive - but efficient. I currently
have two electric water heaters and the city here gives you $450 to
replace an electric with a gas heater.
In my case - it is more important to me to move the water heater from 90
feet away to right next to my bathrooms. I do not like waiting 2 minutes
for hot water in my shower or sinks.
They seem to be and elegant install. I went to see one at a local
restaurant. It is a small box - 2 x 2 x 1 feet - that hangs on the
outside wall. No vents are needed because it will be outside. It igniter
runs by battery. Just two coppers and one gas pipe go to it. My gas
meter is just 3 feet away.

Harry