RichardS

"Mike" wrote in message

"RichardS" wrote in message
"Mike" wrote in message

"RichardS" wrote in message
(Although the US are toying with the idea of RFID enabling

passports
facilitate quicker checks on them at immigration desks. This add

the
reassuring prospect that someone will be able to skim all the

usefull
informatiion from your passport just by walking close by you!)

About 2 seconds in a microwave oven should remove that particular

danger.

Uh ... how ?

Completely fry any RFID circuitry within said document.

No it won't. Might with old style stuff but modern ones wouldn't even
notice it.

hmm, interesting. Why's that? Antenna/circuitry dimensions too small to be
affected by domestic microwaves? I suppose it _has_ to be affected and
therefore potentially overloaded by some frequency of radiation though.

I see a market developing for shielding passport holders. Nice, pretty
silver-plated cigarrette-case type things...

--
Richard Sampson

mail me at
richard at olifant d-ot co do-t uk