Tex

Default How to add/repair Deck Flashing?

I was replacing a sliding glass door and came across a nice discovery
on my 1968 house in CT, lots of rotten wood and water damage. The deck
is attached to the house with a ledger, but I don't believe there is
any flashing. THe bottom few inches of the sheathing under the
aluminum siding is completely rotten and just falls apart. I obviously
should remove the aluminum siding and add some sort of flashing, but I
am not sure I can safely remove the ledger board to get behind it to
install the flashing. Any ideas? Can I install the flashing over the
ledger?
Thanks
Jeremy