JustMe

"Transco_Boo_Hiss" wrote in
message ...

tarquinlinbin Wrote:
On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 17:44:41 +0100, Transco_Boo_Hiss
wrote:
-

I work for them - meter bellows are seized and linkages squeek - hence
high pitch.
Only ring Transco on 0800 111 999 if you can smell gas.
Since july 12th last year your gas supplier must give transco the
approval to change a gas meter. - its called metering separation.
You may be able to have it changed by ringing us direct as having it
reported as a "check for safety" but if your gas supplier does not
have
a metering contract in place we cant change it.
Ring your supplier 1st - unless you can smell gas obviously-
i wonder where you work in Tranco?
email me

ta

what for? I aint moving the service for ya!

--
Transco_Boo_Hiss

Thanks to everyone for the replies.
I was confident that it wasn't a DIY job, but your advice has been very
useful and I now know what my next step should be.
I wonder which Powergen number to use...what an awful lot of them there are
)
Cheers.