Richard Cline

In article ,
Lenny wrote:

Try Google with the search for Table Saw Sled. You will get numerous
articles and photos of different variations of the sled.

Dick

FWIW
I have to agree with Barry and others who would say try a sled first.
They can be customized for the task at hand and work very well if
built accurately.
I've posted a photo on alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking of one I
built recently based on Jim Tolpin's design in his book on Tablesaws,

good luck whatever you decide
Lenny
On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 11:45:42 -0600, Scotty wrote:

I am shopping for a table saw, and have narrowed the choices
down to the Unisaw and a couple others. I really like the
sliding tables, and see that Delta has one too.

I would like some comments about the Delta sliding mitre table
on a Unisaw, as to accuracy, smoothness, solidity, etc...

Also, any comments good or bad as to sliding tables in general,
such as why I should avoid them, or why I would love one would
be welcome. Any experience with other makers' tables, such as
Jet and Grizzly?

Thanks so much,
Scotty